In a dilemma >_<
Saturday, March 12, 2005 at 5:08 PM

*sigh* Wasted the whole afternoon T_T PY and I planned to study at JE Library after we finished the NUS Openhouse tour, but the library was so crowded that there were no empty tables for us to do our work =( Lucky PY, she already had her tests before the holidays, so she doesn't have to cram all the notes into her head in 1 week. Uh... That sounds scary, but that's exactly what I'm doing, and will be doing for the whole of this coming week. I didn't even realise it's already March holidays. Oh well... No wonder people always say 'treasure your childhood and youth days'.

Anyway, after the NUS Openhouse, I still don't have a clear idea of what I want to do. I like Japanese and feel like taking Japanese Studies, but I'm afraid I'll lose touch with my own culture. Besides, I think although I'm not very interested in the so-in-depth modules of Chinese Studies & Language, I'm not ready to put down Chinese yet. Since pri5, I've been immersed in the pool of higher Chinese language & literature for 7 years till now. I like reading those works and learning new things about Chinese. If there are NO exams/tests. I don't like to study just for the sake of exams. NUS doesn't offer Japanese Studies as a minor. Actually NUS doesn't call it a minor there. They use 'electives' instead. But I'm allowed to take Chinese Studies as my major and some Japanese modules as electives. Alternatively I can take both Chinese Studies and Japanese Studies together as a shared major or double major. A shared major won't allow me to go on to honours though, and a double major is going to be real taxing, especially since I'm taking 2 languages, one of which is a new foreign language. I wonder how I can switch between the 2 languages in school... Imagine right after a Chinese lecture or tutorial, I have to dump all that stuff I just learned and switch myself to Japanese mode O_o Unimaginable.... -_-" But I really don't know what I can do or want to do with a Chinese major.... Translator? Teacher? Besides, some modules are quite uncomprehendable and well, boring =p *sigh* My future's so bleak... There's a screen in between my future and me, I can't seem to see what's happening on the other side of the screen, and I can't seem to get to the other side coz' I can't see.....

rhapsody in blue.