 |
 |
 |
| Respect may not always beget trust |
| Friday, March 18, 2005 at 12:18 AM |
*sigh* Not exactly in a good mood now... Tomorrow (actually it's today, since it's already past 12am) ZB, PY and I have agreed to go to Settlers Cafe for 2 hours of games and relaxation. KP may be joining us too. I'm quite looking forward to it coz' it'll be my 1st time down at the cafe and I'm very excited. Besides, I love playing board games, especially with my friends, whom I haven't met for quite long. Well, maybe not very long, since I just met PY and KP today =p But then it seems things aren't going smoothly for us. PY's father doesn't allow her to go, and it seemed to me that PY's quite upset about it. She still hasn't replied my sms... I think she's too tired and have fallen asleep. *sigh* I hope this matter didn't strain their relationship though it isn't the 1st time her father restricts her activities. Of coz' I don't mean to talk bad about her parents. I understand that they are worried about their only daughter, and it's only natural for them to want her to study hard this year for A-level. But then I feel that parents (in general, I'm not targeting at anyone) should learn to put more trust in their kids. PY's a very guai1 girl. When she says she's out studying with a friend, surely her parents should believe her! I'm sure they know how their daughter is like. We will study before we go down to the cafe. In fact she even wanted to meet at 8am to study. I mean, she's such a hardworking girl but she doesn't get what she deserves - trust. Besides, I've always believed in playing and working hard. If we keep mugging, that's not doing us any good. After some relaxation, some people can actually focus better. Ask all the top scholars in every school. Which one of them studies 24/7? I just feel sorry for her. Just think that parents should look at things from more than one perspective. A child can simply lie to his parents that he's going to study but in fact is hitting on the streets. PY and I can do the same too. But we choose to be truthful to our parents and let them know of our decisions and actions. COZ' we respect them and they have the rights to know lest they become worried. Would parents rather have us lying to them that we're out studying and make them happy for something we didn't do? But if we tell the truth, are they willing to listen, and most importantly, understand? Sometimes I really wish I can remain a kid forever. Not so that I can be under the control of adults forever, but so that I don't have to become a failure when I grow up. That's scary, to me.
rhapsody in blue.
|
 |
 |
 |
|