Friday, April 01, 2005 at 9:13 PM

Just remembered our principal's announcement today. She was telling us about this parent who asked her for a recommendation letter for his son so that he could transfer to another JC. His reason: his son's girlfriend is in the other JC and he wants them to be together. Come on... This is outright ridiculous!! I suppose his son has been posted to NY which wasn't his 1st choice JC. Why else would he come up with such a stupid reason for a transfer? I'm really unhappy about this. What do they take NY to be? It doesn't mean that we are not a top JC, you can come and go as you like. My impression of the J1s are already as bad as it can get, and now this. Parents, wake up. If a child can't make it to his preferred JC even after appealing, there is no point in begging the current principal to intercede. If that school had thoughts of taking him in, they would have when he appealed! Besides, why should our principal write a recommendation letter for that student?! It's really funny what some parents are thinking nowadays... Ok I know adults would say exactly the same thing: "it's funny what the kids nowadays are thinking". But if parents can't set a good example themselves, what on earth are they expecting their children to become? I really don't know what to comment... It's rather shocking to see such a major difference between the dragons and the rabbits, even though there's only a year's difference. Or maybe this only happens for the dragons? No prejudice but I really feel enraged at times when I hear of such ridiculous things. Really makes me shake my head in disappointment...

rhapsody in blue.