| The Lord Works Wonders =) |
| Sunday, April 17, 2005 at 12:35 PM |
Woke up early today too, at 8.30am... The jingle of good news threw me up from bed =D Mabel is expecting!! Woohooo!!! I'm going to be an aunt soon! Apart from the fact that name sounds old, I'm elated. Haha, and she still said it's going to be 2 years later to have a baby! All of us were like, "Yeah right.... You'll never know huh..." Somehow our prediction came true 4 months after her marriage :D LOL~~ But I'm glad that they are happy to be having a new member in the family. I know some people are so into their careers that they refuse to have kids in the first few years of their marriages. Although Mabel did say she wanted to wait for 2 years, she was elated with the news =) As for Laurence, needless to say, I can picture him prancing around in joy. I know he loves kids (though he looks fierce at times). But then perhaps this isn't a perfect timing for kids, since her business just started and in time to come, she'll get even busier. Aunt can't help her everyday too, since she's not as young, and Stella got to work on weekdays. I'm rather worried that she'll overwork and strain herself O_O After A-levels, I''m going to work there almost everyday, in case she needs help. For once the younger one is going to look after the older one =) The worse thing is her cafe has 2 storeys! So worried for her when she moves up and down the stairs O_O Anyway, I want to PRAISE THE LORD!!! For this marvellous piece of news. In fact I cried when I received Mabel's sms this morning in a subconscious state. I know this sounds silly. Pregnancies are a norm. But somehow I suddenly feel the sacredness of marriage, and the gift of life, all wonderful works by God. Suddenly life just seem so beautiful and holy, something that I can look forward to everyday. I'm sure the Lord has great plans ahead, and has His reasons for bringing a new life into the family at this time, although some may deem it as inappropriate. What matters most is the fact that the Lord is with us, and blessing us everyday. It is by His grace that I am able to take each step forward with an optimistic outlook. I'm sure many Christians feel this way too =) Anyway, I hope Mabel will break the news to my parents soon!! She wants me to keep the secret for the time being. I don't know when she wants to tell them, but having to swallow such good news is really unbearable at times. Shall control my urge to burst the news =p It'll be great if she tells them today so that I can be relieved of it...
rhapsody in blue.
|