A Not-So-Fruitful Day
Saturday, April 23, 2005 at 5:13 PM

Didn't do much today... Only did a few short questions from TYS for Waves during the 1 hour+ in the library as I waited for PY to come. Was surprised at the number of people by 10.30am. Most of the tables were occupied. Luckily I was kiasu enough (let's just say I have foresight... that sounds better) to be there at 10.05am =p Anyway, the library rules state that no self-studying is allowed in the library during weekends except at the 4th storey. WTH..... They think teens nowadays can study without proper tables and chairs is it?? When I went to 4th storey to explore (which is the teens section), all I saw were a few tables which are like 30cm off the ground, with some cushions as chairs. Wonderful. And they expect us to study with the rattlings (though it isn't very loud. But enough to disturb me) of other users... No way am I going back there to study. I'm going to JEC. Since both places are noisy, I'd rather go to JEC where there are proper tables and chairs. But then it gets pretty noisy by 11am-12pm. Especially with the arcade too. I wonder if I can go Ayer Rajah CC's study centre. If they want booking fees then forget it. I'm going to shut myself up at home. Fed up. When I get into the mood of mugging, things don't go right. If not for the library CIP, I would have gone to the void deck study areas near PY's house. Talking about CIP, I'll be doing 3 hours every Saturday from next week until 28/5. For the 1st week of June holidays, I'll do 6 hours a day and finish up all the 48 hours of CIP. After the 1st week, it's mugging time. Wanted to go JE Library to study on weekdays in June, but guess what. Their self-study hours are 12-2pm, 7-9pm -_- Who on earth would be able to go there at that time? 12-2pm: Most students still in school. 7-9pm: Odd time slot after dinner. Sianz, have to make other plans for my self-study. Though I'm not pleased with the library's rules on studying, I understand that we should not deprive others who are reading, of the space. However, I feel that they could adjust the time and duration for their self-study rules.

rhapsody in blue.