 |
 |
 |
| Tiring day |
| Saturday, April 30, 2005 at 8:57 PM |
Finally managed to get a haircut today. I was discussing with my mum on which hairdresser to go to last night but no conclusion could be attained. I have no idea which hairdresser gives a good haircut that comes with a reasonable price. Mum said those hairdressers at Tiong Bahru have poor skills.... Well I don't know about that... Anyway in the end I went to the hairdresser in Bukit Gombak. Ya, siao right? Go all the way there to cut hair when there are hairdressers near my house =p But PY's recommendation is good. The haircut was only $8 but without hairwash. In the end I even got a $1 discount from the lady! =D Fortunately there wasn't a lot of hair on my clothes coz' I merely layered my hair and cut my fringe. Well, the hairdresser said if I cut my fringe, my forehead won't appear so high. I decided to trust her and I'm rather satisfied with the outcome. Ok lah, maybe coz' this is only my 3rd time at a hair salon so I don't know what type of quality is considered good but at least I like the layering. Besides I can't expect too much for $7 right? Looks like I'll be going there to layer my hair in future =)
After the haircut, PY and I went to report for our library CIP at JE. It was really tiring, partly coz' of the walkathon in the morning =( The 3 hours seemed to drag on forever. We started off with shelving since we're new to the job. I'm really frustrated with some of the users who leave the books and magazines around or just shove them back to a shelf which usually isn't the correct one. Irritating. Irresponsible. Inconsiderate. I think some people caught me frowning. I don't know.... At least I think I was frowning at some point of time during my duty. Can't help it coz' I'm meticulous when it comes to organization, especially of books. Haha coz' I love books ^_^ After the CIP, we went to IMM to shop for Mothers' Day presents. I wanted to get 2 t-shirts for mum but nothing caught my attention. Ok lah, partly coz' mum is fussy =p If I still can't find anything by next week, I'll have to consult aunty on the pineapple rice recipe. Think I'll cook that for mum. Hope it turns out edible.... But somehow I think mum will end up doing most of the cooking instead -_-
Tracking back to the earliest event today - the walkathon. The mere 2 km seemed like 20km O_o Ok maybe that's exaggerated. But the boys really walked toooo slow. I was walking with my slowest pace today, and that kind of made me more tired. I would rather finish the walk fast and rest after that. My soles are numb due to exhaustion =( Anyway, we lost our way on our way back. The organization didn't tell us where to take the shuttle bus, or which way to walk. In the end we walked until we reached a stretch of road (or expressway?) near Suntec. There was no other way to cross over to Suntec except to jaywalk, since the stretch of road is very long. It was such a terrifying experience! I'm somewhat scared of cars and the cars just came rushing out from behind the bend! A few times I was about to dash across but the cars seemed too fast. ZH kept telling me not to dash yet - coz' I'll die >_< We are participating in a walkathon, not Amazing Race or Survivor or Fear Factor, for goodness' sake.
rhapsody in blue.
|
 |
 |
 |
|