 |
 |
 |
| luxuries of a baby |
| Sunday, May 22, 2005 at 8:54 PM |
I was in town shopping with my cousins and cousin-in-law. Mabel wanted to look at baby prams and cots for her 11-week-old baby who is expected to arrive in this beautiful yet complicated world in early december. Looking at all the big, comfy fanciful cots really made me envious of today's babies. Even simple and basic necessities like milk bottles and pacifiers now come in all sorts of cute shapes and designs. All these made me wonder what my babyhood was like 18 years ago.... I didn't have a pram, nor a cot, only had experiences of sleeping in a cloth cradle (the type that hung down from the ceiling with a spring). What I had cannot be considered as luxuries when compared to today's babies. But I won't say that my babyhood was bad, even though I didn't enjoy such a luxurious life then. At least sleeping in the sarong cradle is something that most babies nowadays do not experience, and that part of my memory is what makes up my life too.
Talking about my baby days, I was rearranging all my photos into a single album coz' all the photos weren't arranged properly before that. It is certainly interesting to see all the photos of cute little me 10+ years ago =D *sigh* I was so cute 17 years ago, how did I evolve into my current state?? lol.... Actually I really look different now and then. I don't know why I can't see much similarity. Most people would still see some similarities between their baby face and now. In fact, my cousins have the same face for the past 20+ years! I'm the only exception.... Next week I'll be bringing the album to school coz' I promised to show CK. Well, he had better bring the remaining photos of his baby album :D I have a lot more baby photos with Aunty coz' she took care of me mainly when I was young. And Mabel had the craze of capturing my pictures then since Uncle bought a new camera. It's ok, in 6 months' time, it'll be my turn to take her baby's photos!! :D
rhapsody in blue.
|
 |
 |
 |
|