Volleyball Finals!!!
Wednesday, May 11, 2005 at 7:26 PM

Just came back from the volleyball finals.... WE WON!!!!!!! *cheers* It was a tough fight for our girls and towards the end of the match, I think they looked rather tired. Maybe coz' the coach didn't change the players much and most of them had to play the full match. We lost to JJ 3:2. We had almost twice the number of supporters than JJ but we weren't as loud in our cheering. Speaking of which, Bishan and I noticed a kezhang look-alike in JJ. He was super-enthu, kept leading the cheers and moving to the rhythm. Don't want to comment on that anyway...... -_-" Before the girls' match even started, we were already yelling at the top of our lungs. By the time the match started, we already felt hoarse. We predicted that by the time the boys' match begins, we would have lost our voice totally if we were to go on like that. So we tried to preserve some energy for more cheering afterwards =p Ya, in the end our girls team came in 2nd. Our boys team won the championship though =) We didn't even get to cheer as much as the girls' match coz' the boys finished the battle in 1 hour or so O_O Perhaps coz' they only played 3 sets while the girls played 5. Right until the first set ended, I was worried for the boys team. Maybe I was thinking too much, thinking that perhaps TJ has some hidden weapons or winning strategies to deal with us today, which they did not show during the semi-finals with NY. Hate to admit this but Xiemin could be right when he said I was thinking too much... He's very confident throughout the entire tournament (not match). Wonder where he gets all that confidence.... Our team did a good job in blocking/countering the opponent's attacks. Haha what can they do when we have so many tall guys in our team? :D Oh, Choo Kiat played today!! Last year he only played for a while. This time round he was there most of the time but I noticed that the coach substituted someone for him for the 1st 2 sets towards the end of the sets. Actually I think he's not bad!! But maybe lack self-confidence... But that's natural when you are in a team of players who are mostly taller and some even have received sports awards for volleyball. They missed a few balls here and there but overall it was a good fight!! As for the girls, Peiwen was great! And the no.11 player too. Both teams are wonderful and I'm really elated that we won. Their hard work has paid off! Congrats to Peiwen, Xiemin, Choo Kiat and Guohui!!! =D

Oh yeah, I've confirmed that what Choo Kiat said yesterday wasn't true. Xiemin doesn't look like Wallace Huo when he wears contacts.... Ok, maybe I was too far away to judge so I should give him the benefit of doubt. Maybe there's a 10% similarity...?? LOL~~

rhapsody in blue.