 |
 |
 |
|
| Wednesday, June 01, 2005 at 8:07 PM |
Haven't been blogging for a few days... Some events so allow me to date back =p
I finally managed to get an appointment with the dentist. At the School Dental Centre (SDC)... I went to National Dental Centre (NDC) to ask if I can walk in for consultation and treatment but the lady told me the fees would be the same as private clinics, which is $66-$86, exclusive of special treatments. To get the subsidised rates, I have to get a referral letter from either the dental clinics in some of the polyclinics or SDC. Since I was already there, might as well go SDC (which is just opposite) to ask if I can extract my teeth there. So unlucky all the staff went for lunch.... -_- By the time we came back at 1.30pm, there was already a long queue. Those kids must have taken their queue numbers before going for lunch. Yes, all the patients there are primary school kids... SDC fixed an appointment for me to get a referral letter to NDC on 15/6. Most likely will be given another date to see the dentist at NDC and on the day I see the dentist, he will fix yet another date to extract my teeth -_- By then, school would have reopened. I'll request for the extraction to be after mid-year exams. Don't want it to affect my revision and exams. Actually my jaw doesn't hurt anymore.. The swell subsided yesterday but the wisdom teeth are growing outwards and I think I better remove them for good.
I know Ms Ng warned us that our blogs may actually be read by the school (if they have the time, I guess..) but I still feel the need to voice my opinions on changing our school name. I believe there is some sort of reason for changing our school name (perhaps what my mum analysed was true..) but I'm not interested to understand the SMC's stand. We want NYJC. Unfortunately, we have no say, as usual. Doesn't this always happen? People say the future lies in our own hands, but at the same time, the higher authorities are not giving us a chance to mould our future. And then they complain that youths today are apathetic. That's coz' whatever we do has no effect - might as well don't do. The future most NYJC-ians want is to retain our school name, preserve our history and keep long-lasting memories of the school as NYJC prospers. How can they expect us to call ourselves CCJC-ians when it is NYJC that provides us with a 2nd home? Personally I see no meaning in wearing the school attire or singing the college song anymore. Coz' all these belong to NYJC. If they insist on branding us with CCJC, everything we have and have done so far, possesses no meaning, except the possible fact that it will become lost history, buried forever with NYJC-ians' hearts. I don't know how the rest of the fellowmen feel, but I believe all don't want a new name.
NY holds a very special place in my life. 1+ year ago, if NY hadn't admitted me into the school, I don't know where I would be. Really. With a score of L1R5 16, I'm among the last few the school would take in coz' the cut off point was 14-15 for Science stream. With no special talents nor anything, the school still took me in. I know it is partly coz' I can enjoy 2 bonus points for LEP if I get admitted, and also I believe my grades for both languages helped. But with so many better candidates, I still managed to get a place. Nothing can express my gratitude enough for the school. But initially I didn't like NY. Maybe coz' of orientation, and the change in environment... and the fact that I couldn't remain in HC. I was really in the pits of my life during that period after getting O-level results. I admit that I couldn't accept the fact initially that I got 16 that I cried for days. But I was quick to accustom to NY after 1-2 weeks. Now looking back, I would give NY 2 thumbs up. The teachers here are mostly very passionate about their job and take a friendly approach towards students. So far those whom I have come across really cares about the students as a whole, not only on studies and what-nots. I feel really like home in NY - a feeling I have never felt in HC nor RV. Honestly. Actually RV and NY are homes to me, just that they give me different feel. In NY, I can be totally myself without worries. In RV, there's a constant reminder in my head that I have to do well, do this do that etc. Coz' it's a SAP school... Nonetheless I still love RV. But NY provides me most opportunities to grow, mature and develop new insights. It's really like a mother to me. Now the SMC decides to change the name, I feel as if I've lost my home. Honestly if this were the 1960s, I would probably have gone on strike to protest against the change. Communist behaviour but that really would speak of my anguish that the school name might be gone forever.
rhapsody in blue.
|
 |
 |
 |
|