 |
 |
 |
|
| Friday, July 29, 2005 at 4:57 PM |
It's a thought-provoking day today... Too shocking. I was actually feeling afraid and after that, saddened during the brief 25 minutes. I did catch some wind of it here and there, but this kind of thing really leaves people with a heavy feeling. No matter how many times I have similar experiences, I will always feel the same. Even if I'm not in the picture at all. I can't help it. Sometimes I just don't know if I'm emotional, or that's actually normal. Some of us may be smiling away, cracking jokes and stuff, but I believe deep inside, we have yet to leave the shock behind. Not in such a short period. In fact, I still can't believe it... But all I can do is to pray and let it remain a secret until it's made known. I have come to realise that the mass media is the most malicious weapon next to war.
I can't disagree that life is transient like beautiful fireworks. Before you can actually take a closer look at the fireworks and immerse yourself in that wonderful moment, the fireworks fade off into the darkness of the night sky. Too soon, too abrupt. But we can't deny the beauty of fireworks and the fact that we enjoy the moment when fireworks shoot up in the sky. There are many types of fireworks, each with different designs. Some may seem normal or even unappealing, but if we watch on, the fireworks may transform into a nicer design as it shoots higher into the sky. We can choose not to see the beauty of it though, and leave with the impression of an ugly firework performance that ruins our mood. But we will simply miss out on the crucial moment when the fireworks fluorish one by one. We fail to see the amazing works of God, we fail to see the beauty of life in disguise, and waste our lifetime away in deception. Well people often say there's no free lunch in this world. That's so for the wonders of life too. It's like playing hide and seek. We have to think of the possible places that beauty of life may be hiding. When we know where it lies, we can embrace it. It's hard to embrace life with passion and optimism, coz' God constantly puts us under trials. Life is thus never a bed of roses. But if we observe with a clear mind and heart, we will find that there are a few stalks or even more, of roses lying around. When things get trying and the road gets bumpy, I may feel upset. But I'm glad that Jesus saves and always pulls me back on my feet. I'm grateful for the many wonderful things in my life, however simple they may be. Perhaps some people have not realised that the joys in life usually come from the simplest things. I have found my sources of joy and unravel part of the wonders of life. Have you?
As a last note to all my friends, hang in there. A-levels are around the corner, but it's part of our life. Since we can't escape from it, why not learn to receive it with optimism? I'm sure all of us can have the last laugh in March 2006 when we receive our results. Let's strive on and together we shall all succeed.
"It is not the situation that stresses you out. It is your perception of the situation." - a pastor.
rhapsody in blue.
|
 |
 |
 |
|