 |
 |
 |
| War of the Worlds ~ "The last war on Earth won't be started by humans....." |
| Tuesday, July 05, 2005 at 5:24 PM |
Yay exams finally over. In more than one sense, if you get what I mean... Anyway I've long declared that the 'war' is over, when I lost my fighting spirit. Speaking of 'war', we (RH, SH, BS, ZH, XW, PW, CK, WX, YZ) went to watch War of the Worlds after our HCL paper 1 just now. Quite surprised that PW joined us :) Anyway, I think the show's not bad. Kept my eyes on the screen throughout the 2 hours. In fact, I was too frightened to move at all. I was in my seat with a tense body and mind. Haha... Go ahead and laugh your head off at me... -_- Actually I won't say it's frightening but it's quite enticing in its own way. It just kept me wondering what would happen next and my eyes were just glued to the screen. The plot's interesting, but maybe coz' I haven't watched enough sci-fi movies to compare. Sci-fi was never my interest. But I must admit those sci-fi I've watched so far are somewhat good =) Like Casshern, Resident Evil... etc. At least worth my money, unlike movies such as Hitch... -_- There's always the frightening and sometimes gross factor in sci-fi though and I don't quite like that. But it just isn't so 'sci-fi' without all those. The movie's effects seemed natural, I like that. I know some graphic effects can be so fake that I really can't stand them. Maybe some people find the wow-factor in that, but I just somehow cannot feel so 'into' the plot with such effects. Some scenes were beautifully shot, in my opinion. But I must say I really know nothing about movies and cinematography and such. When I watch movies, my senses and emotions decide for me the quality of the films. When I stepped out of the theatre, my legs were still trembling - either from the cold or due to me getting overly tensed throughout the show...
By the way, I saw the Japanese romance movie ad that PY told me about. She said some people gave it pretty good reviews. CK also said it's nice, if I didn't hear wrongly. I was just wondering if he watched that movie..................... Sorry, can't imagine =p Haha... Maybe I should catch it with PY... But I'm broke! Still gotta save for the lunch treat with KP, Amy and Jo, as well as the sushi buffet with PY. I didn't intend to go for the movie today but I just can't stand the temptation of Cineleisure... I thought they were going to J8 again. But no regrets today. Caught a nice movie and most importantly (to the girls), we took neoprint! Mwahahahaha!!!! *evil* Although I do sympathise with the 2 guys who got dragged into the machine by us, I'm going to take good care of the neoprint I've got. Who knows, may come into good use in 20 years time (like blackmailing them) mwahahaha!
Oh one last note. To all who wish to catch War of the Worlds, maybe it would be sound advice to abstain from food such as noodles, pasta, spaghetti, red/orange sauces/gravy... etc, on the day of the movie. Or if you like, a few days before the movie, if you are one who is easily affected by graphic scenes and can easily link graphics to other things. Well... Somewhere along that line...
rhapsody in blue.
|
 |
 |
 |
|