Monday, August 08, 2005 at 9:33 PM

I didn't really want today to turn out like this. Many things weren't what I expected, though I knew that it's impossible to expect much, if not anything at all. ND celebration was super sian. I'm not putting the organisers or school down, neither am I a person who jumps at the very opportunity to pon events. In fact, I only pay lip service. I don't have the guts to walk out of the school halfway. Either I don't go at all, or I stay through the entire event. But given the itinery of today's celebration, it is no wonder bulks of people left at some point of time. I admit that I'm sometimes tempted to sneak off, but I'm scared... Haha... The only reasons I turned up today, were that we were going to celebrate ZH's birthday after school, and I don't want Mrs Leong to be disappointed by our class' attendance. It's already bad enough that our class didn't do her proud or at least let her hold her head at the normal level in front of other teachers. Given our horrendous Maths results, I really salute her for not giving up on us. That's why I can never become a teacher. I'm not that noble, I know....

Oops, I actually side-tracked so far... Back to the ND celebrations. The J2s watched some boring documentaries that we can catch neither head nor tail. The last movie "Beyond Borders" was nice but we didn't have time to finish it. But just as well, coz' my heart simply wrenched when I saw the Ethiopians. I don't know how I should react. It just made my heart felt heavy... On this day when the entire nation celebrates our country's birthday in advance, I thought deeply about Singapore. Everything about Singapore - its progress, its prosperity, the security.... etc. And I took a look unwillingly at Ethiopia. That feeling is just undescribable. I can only conclude that we should never take life as granted, unless we are able to take the kind of life of Ethiopians, which is impossible.

Anyway, the main focus of today is ZH. Finally, my da ge is 21 years old. Can watch R21 movies now... Haha... Today we went to Yukiyaki for lunch. I thought it was a 4-in-1 buffet, comprising of sushi, steamboat, teppanyaki and ice-cream. To my dismay initially, ice-cream wasn't included. However, it's somehow better that way, I guess. Our stomachs were probably on the verge of bursting after all the food. Oh, our table (RH, SH, BS and me) had a new member today! Mingxuan!! He's really like a big brother, cooking for us! Yay our great chef from PRC! :D Next time must definitely grab him along on our food quests ;-) In return, we kept scooping food for him. Of coz' lah, hard to come across such a nice guy ok... If it were the other guys, I doubt they will do that... Hmm let me rephrase. They might cook for us, but maybe not as gentlemanly as MX. Well actually that's normal and I don't expect any of them to help us cook. We have hands too, and we did use them today. Ok, to repay MX, we girls shall cook for him next time :) Right girls?

After our lunch, we went to watch "The Island". My, I think I've been visiting the cinema frequently lately! But this time it's more worth my $8. Better than War of the Worlds. But the gross factor is still there. Can't be helped since it's science fiction -_- I'm staying away from certain foods again (well, you get the hint). Maybe next time we should just catch other genre of movies besides sci-fi and horror..? For the benefits of our appetitite and emotional stability thereafter... Oh and stupid ZH had to fool us. Fine, he's the birthday boy (or should I say, man? Nah...) today... But he really got us panicked when he lost all 9 of our movie tickets. Fortunately he found the tickets at Yukiyaki when we headed back to Cineleisure. But he and Xiemin bluffed us and claimed that the tickets weren't there! He even recruited Yongzi to pull off the act... Then Yongzi pulled out the tickets from her bag after ZH got us to check our bags. Really felt like bashing ZH... haha... But I still enjoy our outing today =) Let's hope there will be another one after A-levels!

rhapsody in blue.