 |
 |
 |
|
| Thursday, September 22, 2005 at 3:34 PM |
It's been such a long time since I had lunch with aunty and Mabel at The Ship Restaurant. Think the last time was.... last December? But that time Mabel wasn't around. Carol was with us instead coz' the 3 of us went to buy me the turquoise dress for Mabel's wedding. We used to go for lunch dates a few times a year. Usually we go to The Ship Restaurant, once in a blue moon Jack's Place or Sushi Tei, and 10+ years back, at Hans'. Haha sort of miss Hans'. Right till now, I still remember how their fish and chips look like, although I haven't been there for 10 years. And their chicken pies... Yummy! I better stop before I drool all over my keyboard..
Anyway, Mabel's tummy doesn't look like it's 7 months.. But mum said usually the tummy will grow bigger at a faster rate from the 7th month on. She didn't even look any fatter, except that she's got a bulging tummy now. But she said she piled on 8kg O_O And the baby is estimated to be about 1.5kg only. The most shocking part is, the person who did the ultrasound scan for her just recently told her that her baby is a girl. She sounded so confirmed... Usually they will tell the parents it's most likely a boy or a girl. But the thing is, when Mabel did her 1st scan in the 12th week, she was told it was a boy. Then on her 2nd scan in the 20th week, it was a girl. So.... it's a boy or girl??! One thing I agree with Mabel, though she sounded funny when she said that. "As long as the baby is definitely a boy or definitely a girl upon birth, it doesn't matter now what the scans show." Ya man... A few weeks ago I read an article on the newspapers about a baby who was born with both the male and female reproductive organs, thus leading to undetermined gender. That sounds so scary! Please let the baby have a determined gender.... *prays* The ambiguity of the gender has caused Mabel some problems in shopping for baby stuff. Everything they bought were of unisex quality. No pink colours. No one knows for sure if it's a boy or girl until the baby comes out... That's some suspense alright... Too bad the baby wasn't kicking just now. I want to feel the baby kicking! *excited* Mabel said the baby will kick her whenever aunty isn't around. That time when aunty was in Moscow, the baby kicked her very often but when aunty came back, the kickings stopped. Think the baby recognises aunty's voice and when she's not around, the baby knows. And I think the baby is going to be very close to Laurence. That's good, coz' most kids don't seem to be close to their fathers. When he tells the baby to kick, the baby kicks. When he commands the baby to stop, the baby stops. Wow, that's like, unbelievable? Maybe the baby has got a high IQ! Haha I don't know...
rhapsody in blue.
|
 |
 |
 |
|