 |
 |
 |
|
| Monday, October 03, 2005 at 7:46 PM |
My prelim results: CEO. Actually it was supposed to be COO (how unCOOl this grade combination sounds) but the Physics department moderated the grades and I got E. I was like, "Huh? Record my Physics marks wrongly again? 2nd time already!" Although the chances of moderation weren't high, I thought I would verify with Mr Tan anyway. I have to notify him about the wrong grade anyway. But then I didn't know moderation exists in JC too. Coz' prelim doesn't really have much of a direct impact on us, except that we need a nice cert to ask for a tutoring job after A-levels. For boys, their results determine their fate in NS somehow but I don't know how. Heard those with poor results will be enlisted later. Anyway, I feel really bad that I actually passed by moderation. A very big moderation. I thought only RV and other top secondary schools (no offence to anyone, really!) exercise tremendous moderation for their prelim. In case you are wondering, students in these schools can fare 20 points for L1R5 in their prelim and yet get 10 points for the O-levels. F9's can all become A1's, and that's rather common. Maybe not as much in RV, but I think NYGH, RGS etc, their students are really... Think I'm the only stupid one who dropped from an A1 to D7. Ah well, that is history. As long as history doesn't repeat itself, I'm fine with it.
I got a B4 for GP. First time ever! But I know it's certainly God's blessings, especially for someone who seldom passes comprehension. Actually B4 isn't a really good grade. When placed on the national standard, I think my GP won't be anywhere near a B. But as usual, I always believe in what my Lord is able to do. Although I just manage to hit the 55-mark this time round, it was already a very rewarding grade, given that I don't study for GP. And I'm beginning to think that I have a thing for slimming products. Not for consumption, but for examples in my essays. It seems like I can always somehow pull a few products in for the essays I do. Maybe those are the genres that I should focus on, since I have more examples. I think I should work hard to improve on those 'discuss' questions. Previously I did a question on the Internet (that was last year's mid-year exams), advertising during block test(can't remember the exact question) and for prelim, I wrote on the significance of food. Both are 'discuss' questions, which Ms Ng told me that a balancing of points isn't required. So if I lack time, I can just present my stand and need not rack my brains for another 2 points to balance my stand. But most important of all, I think I need to brush up on my comprehension badly. The number of passes I had so far is countable by 1 hand. Since I'm not mathematically nor scientifically inclined, I think I better hit on my language papers. But HCL is hard to get a B, much less an A.
Currently, my goals for A-levels are BBBB3. Sad to say, I can't find a subject that can earn me an A... Much as I want to aim higher... Never mind, I'll just leave it at that. If I really achieve my goals, I'll jump for joy next year when I receive results. And I'll treat my clique to a treat at my cousin's Settlers' Cafe. Ya lah, shun4 bian4 give her business mah ^_^ But I can only pay half hor! Not enough money... So people if you remember this next year, can bring it up to me. P.S.: Only for BS, RF, SF, Elena, ZH, CK, LY, XW, Wang Xing, Yongzi =p The others all the most welcomed (04S4B and other LEP people) but you know I'm poor, I can't treat so many people lah.. And I'm not the boss, I can't give too much discounts! Can only persuade my cousin to give as much as possible. But then again, since it's at Holland Village, I doubt many will want to go, so I might just end up saving money =D But you guys can hold me true to this promise lah, provided I achieve those goals, that is. So, if you want the treat, pray for me! ;-)
rhapsody in blue.
|
 |
 |
 |
|