| war of the medications |
| Saturday, October 22, 2005 at 3:15 PM |
I thought 2003 was a year full of unknowns and viruses (SARS). Then came 2004, which I thought was unlucky enough, coz' somehow my expenses increased, to my shocking horror. But as the saying goes, save the best to the last. Or the worst, in my case. 2005 has nothing in stall for me, except for the horrifying A-levels, a bloody oral surgery for my wisdom teeth, and another extraction for my braces, the ever-ongoing plague of the acne, then the eye-popping sum of money I have to spend on grad night. Now, to add on to the list, I'm down with drug allergy. And guess what? I was just reading the article on drug allergy on the newspapers 2-3 days ago, and was asking my mum more about that area. I expressed my worries about being allergic to the anaesthetics when undergoing the oral surgery, but before that big day came, my body decides to rage a war with the anti-biotics that I had barely taken for more than a week for acne. So now, instead of being marred on the face only, my body has the grand but unwelcomed elaboration of rashes. For the first time, I actually felt lucky that I had acne coz' it masked the rashes on my face. But I had to wear shorts and t-shirt to show the doctor the rashes, so I had no choice but to act nonchalent under strangers' stares at my jacket in this hot humid weather. The doctor gave me 4 other types of medication and I have to pop so many of them that I already got the instructions mixed up. Will search my memory bank later. Meanwhile, I'll try to figure out which is the new anti-biotic that the doctor prescribed.
At first I thought nimegen was the culprit but the doctor immediately said the anti-biotic was the one at work. And so, I have to continue on nimegen. Let's just hope that's really the case. I trust the doctor and I hope nothing will break that trust. I'm praying hard that the rashes will be gone by the next few days coz' it's itching me so much that I can't sleep at night, and I have HCL papers in 9 more days. What luck. Let's just hope my good luck starts after this, right before the A-level, so that I can have the best of luck for the entire exams. Bless me, O Lord...
rhapsody in blue.
|