Thursday, October 27, 2005 at 6:02 PM

Was at JEL studying with Bi. Well, supposedly. The environment was so conducive that I ended up more into an afternoon nap rather than into the wonders of the Red Chamber -_-;; Can't help it. This is what happens when I get a nicely air-conditioned cafe, drinks and food and a comfy armchair. I did get some material in my head, but not as much as I scheduled. I planned to finish the remaining 15 chapters of 《红楼梦》 and maybe start on 1 or 2 古文. Now I still have 7 chapters of 《红楼梦》 undone and 9 古文 left. Should be able to finish off 《红楼梦》 tonight. Tomorrow will bang on 古文 and Saturday I'll be done with the 唐诗宋词语译.

Although today wasn't very accomplished in terms of revision, I still enjoyed the day out with Bi. Although we may not talk as much as she does with her other friends, I find her a great company. Oh, her JJ friends seem interesting and nice too =) I didn't get to know them personally though, just some casual greetings and smiles. Saw Gao Zhiyang and Jung Hong at the 2nd floor. I was like, "Wow! Zhiyang dressed up!" Nah, actually it's nothing extraordinary. Just that back in RV, I have never seen him with gelled hair and stylish clothes. Saw Huaishu and Norman separately outside the library from the cafe window later in the afternoon but they apparently didn't see us. Haha, I was telling Bi while staring through the glass pane. "Hey, that guy in brown tee looks like Norman leh." "Not look like. It IS Norman -_-" LOL~ So paiseh..... Now I know where many ex-RV-ians go for self study. Saw quite a number of them though I don't know most of them.

Oh yeah, thanks Bi, for stopping me from getting those delicious desserts and pastries for afternoon tea. Helped me save money and yup, those fats in the food... But you know what, Bi? I ended up spending the money on potato chips and manga on my way home -_- And oh, thanks for bestowing upon me the grand title of the Royal Jester (free lance some more) in your court =)

I realised actually I really miss RV a lot. Not only have I been having dreams frequently recently (and from time to time too) of RV and the people there, when I was on the MRT this morning and when I was on bus 197 on my way home, I felt a dose of nostalgia. I miss the routes I took and the JE area, not to mention the school and people themselves. Initially I wanted to take bus 176 instead so that I can see what remains of the old RV site. But in the end I took bus 197. Though I didn't pass by RV, I passed by places that held memories of RV life. I guess it was partly coz' I took bus 197 home sometimes then. That's why I miss the bus route home too. The Clementi Sports Hall where the bunch of us basketball-crazy girls caught our teams in action on the courts, the Clementi Stadium where we had our annual sports meets, the AYE roads that the bus travels on then and now..... Many of these remain unchanged, but I don't know what has become of our school site. Maybe I don't want to see nothing there, so I didn't take bus 176. Let me preserve the old buildings in my memory now and forever. Though I agree that the memories of the school will remain in my heart no matter what becomes of the school, I have to admit that part of the memories will be lost when the school buildings that saw me through the 4 years were no longer there. What remains in my heart, is...... a feeling that eats away at my heart.

rhapsody in blue.