Saturday, December 10, 2005 at 1:34 AM

I had a different day today.. Attended my 1st care group session with Xiemin and Pris. I was a bit worried initially but thank God for answering my prayers and everything went well :) I'm not a very sociable nor socialising person, so I don't really like activities or places with big groups of people or crowds. Always feel awkward and uncomfortable somehow. But I'm really thankful to God that He made me feel good at the CG session. And of coz', I'm glad that His Holy presence was upon us. He's been with me throughout, even after the CG session ended. I went to take bus 147 home but after I reached the bus stop, I realised that I'm at the wrong bus stop. The 147 there goes to Serangoon instead of Jln Bukit Merah! I was like, "OH NO!!!!" That stretch of road is one-way, and I don't know where is the correct bus stop to take 147. Ended up walking a few steps ahead to the taxi stand. For whatever reason, there was a long queue, but no available taxis in sight. How suay can I get.... After 5-10 minutes, I decided to walk on ahead to see if I can hail a taxi. It was bad. Still no luck. Ended up at Hotel Rendezvous coz' I thought it might be easier to hail a cab there. Mistake. No cabs too... Fortunately, God was with me and I managed to catch an available cab at the hotel just before it headed out to the main road. It was already12am then. If I still can't get a cab, I don't know what would happen. My mum sounded angry and displeased over the phone. I was so worried that she'll ground me or stop me from participating in church activities or something, but God was gracious enough to answer my prayer and my mum said nothing much when I reached home. Still, I think I better reach home by 10.30pm in future... As I walked down the streets to hail a cab, I nearly choked. There were so many smokers loitering around and I really can't stand it. No offence to smokers really... But thank God for answering all my prayers =)

*sigh* Tomorrow on night shift again. Which means, taking cab again. I'm broke... I'm confessing, I've spent every single cent of my pay packet and am eating into my savings now. I'm never going to take cab home again, unless I'm on night shift, coz' there is no other way home. But I feel weird having to share cab home with my colleagues. A couple of them stay in my area, but don't know if they are working tomorrow as well. I'm not very close to them, and it makes no sense going to aunty's place. Stella isn't at home, neither is Mabel nor Laurence. Aunty will be the only one, and I don't know if she'll be going out for mahjong till midnight or not. I will end work probably around 12-1am though. Maybe I'll go to her place afterall.. It's nearer to the cafe, and on Sunday I can go down to KK to visit Mabel if aunty is going down. I think my mum really doesn't like me to work night. I hate it too. But I have no choice, especially when I have to take over some night shifts for about a week in December. I really can't wait for January to come... Or rather, February... I just hope ___________________.

rhapsody in blue.