 |
 |
 |
|
| Wednesday, December 28, 2005 at 1:15 PM |
I thought my nightmare would be over as soon as LH comes back from Japan. Then I can relinquish my supervisor shifts. But no, I still have to shoulder that responsibility. I can foresee a few more supervisor shifts for me for the next one month or so, due to LH's busy schedule. I'm just praying hard that nothing will go wrong every time I report to work... Now I'm terribly afraid that I will be shorthanded tonight. I hope I have 2 colleagues with me, unless it's not busy. But I doubt. Yesterday afternoon was full house, and night time was rather full, except for a few tables. If tonight was to be a similar night, which usually Wednesday nights are, my one other colleague and I won't be able to cope. And when we're shorthanded, the service level is bound to be not there. I hate to give customers less service. I often see customers coming back to patronise us, and I realise most customers are understanding. Which is why I hate to give them less-than-the-standard service.
Anyway, I'm contemplating whether to take over LY's part-time job or not. Just to relieve her for one month (from mid-Jan to mid-Feb) so that when she comes back from China, she can still have the job instead of having to look for another one. Finding a job is not easy, part-time or not. But I have 2 problems now. 1) I have to take one week's MC due to my wisdom teeth surgery in late January. I won't be working everyday, according to LY, so 1 week's MC probably just means I can't work for 3-4 days. If there are replacements, then I suppose it isn't that bad. 2) I suddenly remembered the Great Eastern job offer that I have. Although I didn't promise the mister anything, I did tell him (through my mum and her customer who got me this offer) I will be available in February. He has no problems with me starting work in February, and I guess I should take this chance to expose myself to more types of jobs.
So now, I'm stuck with these 2 problems. And, whether or not I'm working else where, I still have to go back to the cafe to help out. Mabel won't be able to go back as soon as planned, and when she goes back in late January, she can only work for 2-3 hours for a few days. But this is not a major problem for me, coz' she and aunty they all have thought of me getting another job outside. Of coz', I may face the danger of being terminated when my confirmation test comes, if I don't meet the management's expectations. So what if I'm family? I believe in going by the book. If I can't make it, fire me. Or tongues will wag and the management may lose their credibility.. Of coz' I will try my best to keep the job. Now, LY's job. It's admin, and she said it's quite simple. Pay not bad also, in my opinion. The Great Eastern job is also admin, but I suppose it won't be as simple and relaxing. It is afterall, a big and reputable company. I don't know about the pay (it can't be that bad anyway), but I predict that the job will have loads of paperwork to do.
Now, how do I choose?
rhapsody in blue.
|
 |
 |
 |
|