 |
 |
 |
|
| Friday, December 02, 2005 at 6:30 PM |
It was a whopping 39 degrees Celcius when I went to see the doctor today.. I'm so scared it's chicken pox (again... I heard people do get it more than once), mumps, dengue fever or chicken flu... Yikes.... Now I'm constantly checking my body for rashes coz' I heard dengue fever comes with rashes... Maybe I'm just overly paranoid but I'm really scared. I'm really praying very hard now that it's just normal fever and flu, and that I'll recover by Sunday... Anyway, here are some extracts of FAQs I got from MOH website:
What are the common symptoms of dengue fever and dengue haemorrhagic fever? Dengue fever is characterized by the sudden onset of fever, (which can last up to 7 days) and is accompanied by intense headache, body aches, joint pains, loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting and the development of skin rashes. A blood test will often show low platelets.Dengue haemorrhagic fever presents similarly to dengue fever but is associated with more severe bleeding problems (e.g. gum bleeding, nose bleeding and bleeding into the skin and internal organs) along with evidence of plasma leakage.
Can people suffer from Dengue and not appear ill? Yes. Dengue infection without obvious symptoms tend to occur more frequently in children. Dengue infection in adults are more likely to be symptomatic.
Can dengue fever or dengue haemorrhagic fever lead to death? Yes. Death can occur in a small minority of persons especially if the infection is not recognized early or early treatment is not sought.
Is there a vaccination against dengue? There is currently no vaccines available that can prevent dengue.
For more information, please visit: http://www.moh.gov.sg/corp/about/faqs/illness/details.do?cid=cat_faqs_illness_dengue&id=23920641
Since I can't copy and paste everything here... That's a copyright issue, I think... Don't wanna get arrested before I even get diagnosed with dengue (choy!) O_O OMG... I don't want to die yet....!! Think if fever still doesn't subside tomorrow, I'll go back and ask the doctor if it's dengue fever... Today the doctor didn't say anything at all =(
rhapsody in blue.
|
 |
 |
 |
|