 |
 |
 |
|
| Wednesday, April 12, 2006 at 1:53 AM |
Caicai just received a letter regarding admission into NTU Chinese course. Isn't it only 11 days after the deadline for application? That's really fast! Bishan received a phone call from NTU but not sure what it was about. Me? No news at all... Ok, I admit I haven't been home this couple of days and my family doesn't open letter box regularly. But news like these from my friends are starting to get me nervous again.
Will I get in, or will I not?
A simple question, yet simple enough to keep me awake until now.
Haiz... I'm feeling so unsure now. Chinese isn't my 1st choice, but whatever it is, it beats not getting into university at all. Please take me in!! T_T I sound so desperate haha... But I don't hate Chinese, I just wish to do something different this time round. And I dislike studying Chinese for the sake of exams. Still, going into Chinese is better than getting nowhere. Not sure if I wasn't contacted by NTU coz' I didn't put Chinese as 1st choice or what. Caicai did, so maybe she gets priority? I really don't know. Psychology seems to be such a popular course nowadays so I face really fierce competition in getting a place in that course. And seriously, I don't know what job prospects I have in this. Since young, I've always followed more of my heart (though I do put my brains to good use) when I make decisions in my education. Whatever subjects I have studied so far, I chose them coz' I like them. Which is why I'm stuck now, with so little choices in university. And now, although I am unsure about what Psychology can bring me, I still went ahead for it coz' I think it's interesting. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that I won't regret it =p
A colleague asked me what I would do if I don't get accepted by the 2 universities that I applied for. That struck me. Maybe I really don't want to face up to this situation. Will I cry, I was asked. Yes, maybe, I replied. Haiz.... Up till now, I have yet to think about what I will do should that kind of scenario occurs. Too late to apply for poly and most foreign universities. I will have to wait 1 more year. Waste of time and that also means I got to slog for 1 more year at work -_- I'm planning to leave in May or June and either switch back to part-time until July or August, or just slack my time for 2 months until school reopens. Shall see how things go...
rhapsody in blue.
|
 |
 |
 |
|