 |
 |
 |
|
| Friday, April 14, 2006 at 12:51 AM |
Will the carefree days ever come back?
Please do.
Now I finally understand why I always see the employment posters at some retail shops at Tiong Bahru Plaza all year round. It IS tough to employ people. And when it comes to employment, it's not just employing any Tom, Dick or Harry. Coz' when we do, we usually find ourselves in a vicious cycle of constantly on the lookout for new staff.
*sigh* I really don't know what's going on... Is this the trend nowadays? If I were in their shoes, would I do the same thing? I work coz' I'm part of the organization, coz' I'm paid to do so, coz' this is my job and responsibility. I stay on in this job and put in effort coz' this is my job and responsibility, and most importantly, coz' this is a family business. Perhaps that's why I can't understand why people can change their mind on taking up a job in just a couple of days when they have not even started work. Especially when they expressed great interest and enthusiasm in the job before they came for interview. Then I think to myself, putting in so much into my job, don't I look silly among all these people?
I pondered for a second. The answer is no definitely. I think I'm doing the right thing, and in fact, I think I should be doing much more than what I am doing now. Coz' as I've said, this is family business. Well, if we can't get suitable employees, we'll just keep employing till we get the right people. I am worried, but I know the Lord is with us, things will be set right ultimately. The process will be tough, but we have to endure, even though there will be times when we can't stand it anymore.
Coz' this is responsibility and ownership to our job. Which many people seriously have to learn it. They don't learn it now, they'll learn it the hard way in future.
I know I cannot expect others to lead a life like mine. No weekends, no hanging out, no life. My job takes up most of my life. I cannot expect others to give up enjoying their weekends, just like I did. When we're out in the working world, we have to make sacrifices somehow. I cannot expect others to come to work even when they are damn tired or unwell. (Btw, coming to work when unwell is too hard on the staff, unless they do it willingly despite our advices against it.) I'm tired. But Mandy is too. Mabel is so much more tired. So I shouldn't be complaining. We should be working as a team to overcome these obstacles.
Let's hope tomorrow will be a much better day.
rhapsody in blue.
|
 |
 |
 |
|