Thursday, June 29, 2006 at 2:48 AM

Hey people, visit our very own Settlers HollandV blog! Lots of news, updates, even freebies!! Yes, freebies ;) Don't tell me you don't want.. Free leh hahaz... Can know about our promotions and happenings first hand (after our own staff) and make your visits to us more worthwhile!


Hmm talking about visiting Settlers, I do miss my clique. JC clique bah, coz' they are the ones who came to the cafe before. And I'm really touched coz' they all live so far away, yet they gave me face and are willing to give the cafe a try. Especially the day when they planned to celebrate my birthday (together with the other April babies =D ) at the cafe. I will never forget that day.. Really had lots of fun with them =) Will we have such days again? I certainly hope so... Actually I'm not a hardcore gamer, but what makes me love the games so much is actually the people who are there to play the games with me. It makes a lot of difference really. Like nowadays, I can spend almost everyday gaming with Lihui, Doreen, Mandy they all. But I guess partly coz' my time in the cafe is very limited already, so I want to spend more time with my close group of friends there.

I really don't want to leave the place. Although I will still drop by to visit or meet up with the wonderful people here when I have time, things will definitely be different. Won't it? No more crazy Saturday late nights with Mandy, Lihui, Doreen at the cafe, together with the new additions of Weiwei and WHY. I'll miss the times when we 'da bao' supper from the 24-hr coffeeshop back to cafe, or have late night desserts at Haagen Daz. And things just aren't going to be the same when I assume my identity as a student, a normal customer, a non-staff. I wonder how Settlers HV will appear in my eyes when I see it from another view -- a non-staff's view. But will I be able to? Maybe... As time goes by and school work gets more, I will not have much time to miss the cafe and reminisce about the times I had there. Then I will slowly forget how I used to work there. Perhaps the fact that I worked there before will just be nothing more than a fact in the years to come... But I won't want such scary thoughts to happen.

Haiz... Started out this entry trying to entice people into coming to the cafe. But end up sounding so melancholic (did I use the right word?). I'm just weird. Just months ago, I complained and grumbled about work and wished that school would start asap. But these 2 months I've been feeling so reluctant to leave and I dread school life again. Complex nature of humans? Maybe I'll get to study this in Psychology haha.. But I guess what we can do when faced with such situations, is enjoy every moment that we have. Study or work, both are going to be different experiences for me. I can only cherish the time I have in the cafe, and the time I will be having in school for the next 3-4 years... But.... I still dread it nonetheless =p



1 more month to go...

rhapsody in blue.