 |
 |
 |
|
| Wednesday, August 16, 2006 at 5:26 PM |
Yesterday was the first day in school.... And today, I pon-ed lecture!
Haha shocking? Don't be... Actually it's coz' I have dropped that module Chinese Tradition and went for another one. In my panic yesterday afternoon, I anyhow chose a module to bid, without looking through the information on that module. Last night when I checked it up, to my horror, Chinese Tradition module consists not just of customs and festivals. We are also going to study the schools of thoughts of 孔子、孟子、老子、庄子、墨子 etc. Man, I have ENOUGH of them already!! So much so that I've even dreamt of the noble 孔子先生. What's worse is, the module is taught in English! To take a Chinese module in English is not just plain torture, but also a loss of essence. I refuse to take a module like this. But I understand where NUS is coming from. This module is probably designed for foreign students who are interested in Chinese tradition and customs etc, so it is taught in English. In any case, I don't think I will enjoy studying my heritage in English, even though I dislike the thoughts of writing thesis and reports in Chinese.
In the end, PY and I went to take another module under South Asian Studies. Lecture falls on Friday... Which means my hope of having lessons only from Tues-Thur is gone. I wanted to have extended weekends by having no lessons on Mondays and Fridays =p Haha... But it's not a bad idea to have a break on Wednesday after a super long day on Tuesday. Think I'll try to arrange all the tutorials on Thursdays and Fridays.
Backtrack a bit.... Monday we celebrated Lihui's 29th birthday! At CCK (again, haha..) where we always go for the wings and satay. This time we had quite a number of people... Don't think we ever went with 8 people before. Some hilarious things happened on that day too... We made a new-age birthday card for Lihui. Bought a Happy Teachers' Day card to modify haha! So funny.... Before the dinner Mandy and I went to watch Super Ex-Girlfriend. The show's quite funny. But according to Mandy, I didn't laugh at all. Is it? Haha... Got lah, you never notice only... Coz' I don't laugh aloud mah.
I'm so surprised my mum actually let me go out without saying anything! I mean, it's dinner outside, so it means I will be out till quite late. Quite late means reaching home only at about 9+pm or 10+pm. But still, she didn't say anything! Didn't even call me even though I haven't reach home at 11pm. Maybe she 看开了? Haha... But I think most of the time, children got to take the responsibility to inform their parents of their whereabouts. When you are responsible, the parents probably will relent too. But I think I shouldn't take it for granted nor 得寸进尺. Must make sure my mum sees me study hard as well haha... Thursday shall see if I can go to Mabel's house after lecture. A lot of papers to clear at her house... And I need to do a bit of paper work too. Besides, my Japanese textbooks are with her coz' I didn't want to carry the bulky bag with me when I went out with Doreen yesterday. I just have to figure out how to explain to my mum on the whereabouts of the books, without her knowing I have been to the cafe yesterday, after my lecture ends at a late 6pm.
rhapsody in blue.
|
 |
 |
 |
|