Tuesday, October 10, 2006 at 9:23 PM

OMG, I actually PASSED my History test!!! Shocking!! I really can't believe it, coz' I didn't expect a score like 38.5/50. Ok lah, it's not high considering that it was rumoured that there were people who scored near 50. But it's definitely sufficient for me. I see no point in comparing or fighting for high grades with others. As long as my grade is good, it is good. I didn't even have any expectations when I took the mid-term tests this time round. Didn't really have a specific target (except to pass lah) in mind. Even though I think my tests were done terribly, it didn't really affect me a lot. Except for Psychology which I spent most of my time on, but ended up throwing marks away generously due to whatever careless mistakes that I couldn't believe I could make. It's so bad that I know the answer is option C but somehow I went to shade option D. Where did my soul fly off too?! I think quality sleep is really really of extreme importance. I am going to make sure I sleep early from now on, especially during tests and exam periods.

Passing the History test was really a nice surprise for me, but I know my History is actually very weak, and I totally have no idea how to approach the subject at all. But I guess the test does serve as a little motivation for me bah =) And for once, I actually started reading the tutorial articles early and wanted to prepare the questions with quality. Unfortunately, my History tutor decides that it is time to serve the country so we won't be seeing him this week. Hahaz.... In other words, no History tutorial...

Can't wait to get my Psychology and Japanese tests back. Can't be bothered with South Asian Studies... It's my worst subject =( Though I doubt I will do very well for Psyc as well. But I hope I can get a pass really... Coz' I don't know why I very daringly took a lot of risks by attempting almost every question, even when I know there is a deduction of 0.25 marks for every wrong answer. As long as there was 1/3 chance of getting it right I would give it a gamble. Which proves to be a very wrong move indeed, coz' not only did I get most of them wrong, it also resulted in yet another bulk of marks gone on top of those stupid mistakes I made for the questions I knew. Really just hope for a pass. I'm not worried about Japanese, coz' I know I definitely can pass. It's just a matter of what kind of pass grade it is. Hope it isn't too bad coz' I know I made some silly mistakes too.

I thought after rushing out the Psyc and SN essays due yesterday, I would be able to have a breather for a while before I start on my History essay assignment. But to my extreme horror, I found out today that I only have 10 more days to do it! 1500 words!!! Honestly, I hate writing humanities essays. Psyc essay was the easiest paper among all, partly coz' of the word limit as well. But at least I had a clear idea on how to approach the question, whereas for History, SN and Chinese, I felt as if I was floundering in the vast ocean.

*sigh* This is the kind of life (or worse. It won't be better) I'm going to lead for the next few years.

rhapsody in blue.