| The Lemon Story |
| Friday, November 24, 2006 at 1:23 AM |
If life gives you lemons,
- Type A people get enraged and throw the lemons back, having a minor heart attack while doing so.
- Type C people don't say anything but fume inside where no one can see.
- Type B people gather all the lemons and make lemonade.
- Type H people gather the lemons, make lemonade, sell it, turn it into a franchise business, and make millions.
So... Which are you? The lemon excerpt was taken from my Psychology textbook, in the chapter on Stress & Health. I find this analogy extremely amusing and interesting, not to mention meaningful. Chew on the lemons insights of the creator of this lemon analogy =) I'm definitely a type B lol... This is why I enjoy Psychology much more than my other modules (with the exception of Japanese). Here and there, there are interesting things to learn and analogies that set you thinking. Sometimes you even get to see how seemingly peculiar some psychologists were. No offence. But I seriously think Freud was weird! With his shocking theory of personality development in relation to his proposed psychosexual stages. It's just plain bizarre. I cannot see the relationship at all. It's a bit 牵强 you know... Shall not go into details in case I scare all the readers. Well, at least I was freaked out when I read his theory. Sort of..
rhapsody in blue.
|