Monday, December 11, 2006 at 10:41 PM

Whew~ Back from Aften's birthday chalet trip and from work.

Friday was quite quiet coz' staff nite was cancelled. So other than Mabel and Aunty Amy etc, only Carol, Charmaine and I were there. Didn't really do much that day. Just went arcade with Charmaine (and got addicted). I was dying to swim with Aften!!! But I'm just unlucky that I can't. I waited so long for it too. What's more, the pool was just outside our door!! ARGH!!!! But Aften's so cute!!! The way he played with the toys in the pool, and sharing the toys with other older kids. The older kids had those giant floats, a crocodile and a whale. Then they also played with Aften's Elmo plushie. Wah lao, nowadays kids are so 幸福.. Even have an Elmo plushie that can go into water, to accompany them when they bathe and swim. Our time where got? Or am I just deprived of my childhood? LOL~ I want Aften's Elmo toy!! I think I'm like having a 2nd childhood when I play with him hahaz.. I AM fascinated with his toys, many of which I have not seen before. Besides, he's so cute when I play with him that I just feel like glomping him! Haha no lah, I'm no baby maniac ok. He's the only baby that I'm crazy over haha! Think now he's a bit used to me playing with him these few days that when I'm around he would come to me and play with me.

Night time on Friday was even quieter coz' all of them went home by 8pm, leaving me alone at the chalet. Hahaz... But I was a little surprised that I wasn't afraid at all. In fact I thought it was alright if I were to sleep alone. My family came to keep me company coz' my parents were worried and against the idea of me staying there alone. But they only reached nearing 10pm -_-

Saturday was more fun, coz' we went bowling at noon. Aunty Amy, Carol, Charmaine and I. My parents were watching. I purposely asked my dad to go coz' I thought he has the potential in bowling. Well.... He's the one who's most sports-inclined or have the best sports genes out of all of us. You can imagine how lousy we all are =p Indeed, my judgment was right! For a first-timer and an elderly at that, I must say he's quite good. On the contrary, I can't even coordinate my hands and legs =S Such an embarrassment..... But my dad wanna show off lah, die die also want to use the 14kg ball -_- Kept claiming that 12kg is too light and he can't throw well with that... But there were a couple of times that he can't manage with the 14kg ball lor.... And he thought we are all very strong, took a lot of heavy balls for us... When Charmaine can only use 6kg and I, 8kg, Carol 9kg, and Aunty Amy 10 kg. I only scored 37 points in the 1st game. The last one.. Laugh bah laugh bah.. I'm lousy, I know... T_T But 2nd game I sort of can coordinate slightly better, and I 反败为胜, became 1st with a score of 86! Hahaz... Good enough for me le... But no strikes at all. I think only got 1 spare... Actually in the 2nd game my left thigh was already giving way... Lousy me =p After bowling it was more arcade for Charmaine and me. Carol joined us too but only played 2 games. Aften came to the arcade too! I thought how come suddenly I saw a familiar baby there hahaz... His grandpa brought him there. But at least the arcade's not that noisy, like those outside, so it wasn't too harmful for Aften.

The BBQ started in the evening, but I wasn't really very involved coz' Charmaine and I were trying to hide somewhere somehow =p We just dislike crowds... The highlight of the BBQ was Aften's birthday cake. Haha it had a picture of him on the center! His godpa drew it using computer. But nobody ate 'him'. Lol... Night time no activities too. Nearly joined Mabel, Laurence and their friends for bowling (again) at about midnight. But I guess I was right not to go afterall. Until now my thighs are still aching and I had trouble walking, going up and down stairs and working =( If I had gone for 2nd round of bowling, it would have been worse. So if you see me walking akwardly, don't ask if I'm crippled. I'm just... aching. Ya.



Talking about work... Yesterday was my first day. Was in holding area, as per my request to the supervisor =p My legs were aching so much I couldn't really move around swiftly and nimbly. Besides, I want to recall the holding duties first. Think I was a bit slow. Must speed up... The only thing I was satisfied with, was my froth! Hehe... Still ok even though haven't froth milk for 4 months plus. Luckily nobody ordered milkshakes, coz' I TOTALLY don't know how to do those new milkshakes.

Today was quite quiet. Just a few tables. But got a couple of tables quite fun, so I enjoyed teaching them games and serving them. Ok, got a little bit of the momentum back le =) But still, I think I'm not good enough. My service level has dropped definitely. Games knowledge also. Forgot some of the games already. Yesterday I only taught Pig Pile coz' I didn't dare to teach games. Actually Zombies I think I could have taught it without mistakes. I just didn't dare to. Saboteur... Remember roughly... But also didn't dare to teach. Today refreshed my memory of Saboteur, so definitely can teach next time :) But the cafe has so many new games now, I think there are 50% of them that I don't know how to play... It's bad when regulars come back and I don't know new games to teach them!

But overall, today was ok. Better than yesterday lah. We even had time to sit down and play games. Was impressed by Uncle Ng! He taught Fisch Market to 2 tables! Hahaz....

But I'm now having a dilemma again.... Haiz....

rhapsody in blue.