1st Damages in the new year
Saturday, January 06, 2007 at 4:50 PM

I was still very proud of myself until yesterday that I didn't shop and buy anything for the whole December holiday. How much more wrong can I get. I'm shunning shopping malls for the next few months.

After bowling with PY at CDANS (quite cheap, if you play more than 1 game), we went IMM Pepperlunch for dinner. 1st time there, so we seemed sua-ku, not knowing how to cook our meat & fish on the hot plate =p But nevertheless, it was a new experience lah. Food wasn't too bad, but a little pricey. Coz' it's hotplate bah...

Dinner time over. Shopping time starts. I went to IMM with the shopping list of daily necessities (3 items) but came home with the damage of 11 items. Almost 4 times. That's how powerful women are when it comes to shopping. More so when you are just in a shopping mood.

Damages done in the 4 hours at IMM:

1. Clothes. Darn it. I told myself I CANNOT and WILL NOT buy anymore. My mum's complaining that my wardrobe is bursting already, and I understand fully what she meant by that. Still.... Lack of self control. But! I need some berms.. The top was unnecessary but I like the colour which happen to be absent from my collection. Ok that's rubbish. Some sort of self-justification.

2. Accessories. Unnecessary items again. Sometimes I wish I can exert more self control. But I love the necklace really. $8 was a little ex though. But what to expect from Diva. It was originally $16, which I definitely won't buy no matter how much I like it.

3. FOOD. Yes food. What did I buy? Packet miso soup stock, soba, soup base. All geared up to practise some culinary skills =p Recently rekindled the interest in cooking due to Bishan's Japanese curry ;) I should start learning to cook some staple stuff other than doing desserts. But I think soba is really like preparing instant noodles. Just cook the noodles and dip in the soup base. End of story. That's the same as spaghetti. Ah hah. I'm going to try that next time. Anyway. Daiso is selling all the items I bought at $2 each, which is real cheap. It's at least 1.5 times this price outside. But quality wise I'm not too sure. I'll let you all know after I've tried it.

*sigh* I'm broke. Think I just squandered my salary off.

rhapsody in blue.