 |
 |
 |
| The year of 2006 |
| Monday, January 01, 2007 at 4:13 PM |
Alright, a backdated entry again. Wanted to have this up yesterday but I was too tired after work to do so. Anyway. This entry is dedicated to the 'Most's of 2006, to wrap up the whole year. You probably will find some, if not all, of the stated stuff are Japanese-related =p
Tear-jerker of the year: 1 Litre of Tears (1 リットルの涙) This definitely goes to this J-drama. No doubts about it. This is the one. The one show that made me cry every episode from the 3rd episode onwards. The one show that made me cry the most, among all others that made me weep. Yup, that's the difference. All other shows that I've watched so far (movies, dramas etc) made me WEEP. 1 Litre of Tears made me CRY. Just like how I would cry myself, but of coz' the heart-wrenching degree cannot be compared to the main lead of the drama. No wonder it's called 1 Litre of Tears. Not only does the main lead cried 1 litre of tears, the viewers also cried a lot.
Heart-throbber of the year (for me): YamaP in Kurosagi Haha I absolutely love his black hair image in Kurosagi! And yes, I have a soft spot for angsty characters with sad past that results in their 'twisted' personality now... And since when did YamaP become so muscular? Lol.. Many years ago my impression of him was he's quite lean. But that was when he was still in the Juniors lah. Now he's an ADULT.
Heart-wrencher of the year: Aya from 1 Litre of Tears. I mean both the character in the J-drama as well as the real-life Aya whom the story was based on. Watch the show and you'll know what I mean. While I salute her for her courage as she fights to live on, my heart goes all out to her for all her fears and insecurities.
Most inspirational of the year: 1 Litre of Tears (what else?) I'm not biased or anything. But this drama has got to be an inspirational hit. Really. While you watch the show, it keeps your mind running on the thoughts on life, its meaning, its purpose, its happenings. Everything about life. What you can do, what you cannot do, how fortunate you are, how you shouldn't take things for granted, how you should cherish every single little thing you have while you still can. And so much more thoughts. I know, there are other shows that induce such thoughts in the viewers too. But never was one as strong as this show does.
Shock of the year: Matsuyama Kenichi Matsuyama as L in Death Note 1 & 2, and as the jerk sempai Kawamoto in 1 Litre of Tears. It's really worlds apart. His images in 1 Litre of Tears and Nana were >.< But he actually looks quite ok as himself (good, in fact, to me. But people always comment on my 'weird' taste). But yes, L rocks =)
Indulgence of the year: Johnny's groups Before I knew it, I was in the quicksand area already O_o Lol~ But! I'm still not a real fangirl yet. So there's still cure for it :) But you can't deny that Johnny's groups are addictive. Once you pay attention to one of the groups, it will probably lead you to another group, and so on. And once you start listening to their music, it will lead you to watch as many dramas with the Johnny's people in them, and eventually you will find yourself surfing the Net for their info and pics. But well... I reckon that a little bit of fangirling is ok for all of us, ne? ;) Something to spice up our lives and make us happy and forget about school =p
Song of the year: Harmony of December Really love this song from KinKi Kids. Even though Tsuyoshi breaks my heart again and again with his awful images through these few years. But their songs are nice. And I like the melody of this song. It gives me a different feel to Jpop, and other KinKi Kids songs I've listened so far.
Runner-up: Only Human If you have not guessed it already, this song is the ending theme of 1 Litre of Tears, sung by K. I like this song though it makes me feel really sad whenever I listen to it. It's a really sad song, and K's voice makes the song perfectly sad, coz' he has the sad element in his voice. The combination of this song with the drama makes the whole thing a real tear-jerker. Really melancholic song to me...
Book of the year: The Phantom of the Opera Ok, that is coz' I've only read 1 book in this entire year. But this is a good book. No joke. Been wanting to blog a review on this on my LJ but kept forgetting. A love that went terribly wrong. This is what occupies my mind as I read the story and whenever I think about the book again. This story is written by Gaston Leroux, if you are interested in looking it up in the libraries. I thought it was Andrew Llyod Webber (did I remember the name wrongly? It's kinda long..) but he was the one who composed the musical.
Memorable time of the year: Genting trip in April 1st time out of Singapore without my family! Just me and my bunch of friends from Settlers. Quite fun, though I refused to ride on those seemingly dangerous machines at the theme parks =p And yes, please stop making a joke out of my bumper car incident. So paiseh lah...!
Runner-up: Birthday celebration at Settlers with JC friends I was really touched that they took time off to come to Holland V, which is on the total opposite end of the island for most of them. Oh yes, it was quite funny when I thought of the birthday cake. Coz' they brought it along with them, so I was suspecting already.. Haha! But still, that has got to be one of my most memorable and fun day this year! Was contemplating to go gaming again on 1 of our school days coz' our schools are all in the west and quite near to Holland V. Too bad the guys can't join us.. But there is the '4 beauties' at least ;) LOL~
Buzz of the year: The Xmas weekend My. That was like hell. Majorly short-handed for the whole weekend and there were many large group reservations. Never been so tired in my working life. But it's all over... Now it's break time. Before the school starts, that is =(
Most stressful of the year: Mid-term assignments and final exams I can't tell you how many sleepless nights I had over these horrible essays. Eck. And the exams. Pui.
Movie of the year: Death Note 2 MUST WATCH! Especially if you are a Death Note fan, or you have watched part 1. But I think some Death Note fans aren't too fond of the movies, and the acting skills of the actors. I read a few negative comments online.. But doesn't matter. I LOVE the movies.
Star of the year: Aften Chin Who else but this little imp that popped out on 8th December 2005. 2006 was a healthy and playful year for him. For all of us around him, he's brought much joy to us. Kids nowadays are so intelligent and grow so fast. Or is it just him? Hahaz... But it's really fun playing with his toys him. He's getting naughtier and naughtier though =x So I'm threatening to beat him (as I learn not to spare the rod and spoil the child). Wahaha I'm an evil aunt =p
Game of the year: Saboteur Sorry, this just pops up in my head while I'm thinking of what else to write. Why Saboteur? Coz' I taught this game like 4-5 times in a row in a night. On Xmas weekend. That has got to be the game I taught most often in the 3 weeks that I've worked this December. Now I'm totally sick of this game. Though I was still thinking if I should buy the game so that we can play during gatherings. If not there doesn't seem much to do during gatherings, other than chatting (and sometimes mahjong, if available, but the few of us don't know how to play). Will see how. Maybe I'll get myself a game during CNY, and for my birthday. Shucks. Being reminded that I'm stepping into the 20's =(
Hmm.... What else.. Think I've run out of things to write le. Well.. That's about it I guess. Sums up 2006 more or less. Yup.
rhapsody in blue.
|
 |
 |
 |
|