the things people want...
Wednesday, March 14, 2007 at 10:05 PM

*deep breath*

I finally finished the research and collection of personal ads for my Social Psyc gender assignment. I felt like banging my head against the computer monitor last night (and smash both the 'brains') coz' I went to look for 15 female ads instead of 15 males. Sheesh. The criteria people put down for their desired partners... It really makes me wonder a little. And looking back at what I myself wrote for the class data, well, I really don't know what I wrote either. There are probably many more criteria that I expect but didn't write down coz' they didn't cross my mind then.

And today Wanming dropped a casual remark as I was complaining to her about this assignment. Even my mum laughed at me when I said I have to do go some online dating service and do research.

Mum: "Later people thought you seriously want to join and look for a life partner ah!"

But that's beside the point. Wanming commented that I probably belong to the type whose husband will love me more than I love him. Wow. I never thought about that. But spending a minute pondering on it, I realise that's not impossible. Coz' as of now I cannot imagine myself loving somebody sooo much yet. Or maybe I just can't imagine the future lah. I think I'm the kind of person who draws a line between others and myself. Friends don't face this problem, especially those whom I really get along well with and are close to. But there are some people who really freak me out or turn me off (maybe I'm just too sensitive sometimes) that the line has been replaced with a drain channel and I won't really talk much about myself in front of those people.

And given my personality, I think I'm probably better off being single. Coz' I cannot stand someone who I don't know well to interfere with my life and start questioning me like I'm a criminal to find out what I do and what-nots. I'll immediately put those people in my black list and stay far far away from them. Maybe something is just wrong with my personality that I cannot accept such nonsense. Interference and advice rights in my life are entitled to my close family and good friends only. It doesn't go to say I'm so obstinate that I totally pay no heed to others' advice. But I just don't see how some people should be butting into my life and somehow trying to force their ideals or ways of doing things onto me. How they do things is their business. The same goes for me. Unless our friendship is past a certain level, I don't accept such interference, or noseyness even. Even then, I don't appreciate advice that are forced down my throat without hearing what I think/feel.

Having said all these, I think if I ever get attached, I would very much like to know which guy is so good that he actually can interfere in my life without me feeling a pain in the neck and casting him into my black list. Well, it's possible, but it's probably a very long route to take.

But never mind. I think single life rocks anyway. Single or attached, life goes on. And I will still enjoy my life (and suffer at the hands of NUS at the same time) with or without that particular someone. It's just that life will be different to some extent. And that has better be for the good.


Argh. I actually went on to blah so much coz' of the gender assignment and personal dating ads -_- Yeah, time to get back to the actual report itself, or I can forget about sleeping tonight.

rhapsody in blue.