David Copperfield
Monday, July 09, 2007 at 10:59 PM

Has anyone read David Copperfield written by Charles Dickens?

If I'm not wrong, it's actually based on a real life story.

But NOT the David Copperfield, the world-famous magician who is retired now. This David Copperfield in the novel is also a magician, I heard. But the Copperfield we know respects and admires him, hence his artiste name. I didn't know that wasn't his real name.

Oh yes, Arts Central is showing the drama serial for David Copperfield every Monday 10pm. I think it's worth watching. But maybe you would prefer to read the novel first, coz' I have the habit of reading the original novel. Next book on my list, but I hope I can survive through the whole book. Coz' watching the drama already makes my blood pressure sky-rocket.

The show... Well, today was 1st episode. I think it's a very good literature work.

It's pretty disturbing though. To me.

I was cursing and swearing as I watched. And I feel like doing it right now too, as I blog.

To see the life story of David Copperfield is like watching a severe case of child abuse. Maybe not very severe, but enough to disturb me.

I feel like slapping the stepfather upside down. And the disgusting housekeeper. "Stubborness must be crushed." "Yeah, how about crushing you. I think that's a GREAT idea. You and your master, be reduced to dust and vanish."

Ok I must calm down.....

Yeah, it's worth watching. Real-life based stories are mostly worth watching.

But watch at your own risk really. Coz' I am seriously VERY disturbed and agitated. And I don't usually have such intense and strong emotions and reactions.

And I can't help but cry.

rhapsody in blue.