Saturday, September 29, 2007 at 5:25 PM

I hate the feeling of helplessness. I don't hate it any lesser when the helplessness is directed towards others instead of myself.

I think ultimately it all boils down to the side of me that doesn't like people to be unhappy. Esp those closer to me...

It's a terrible feeling not to be able to do anything. Like hope to be of some help yet at a loss of what to do/say. When I can be a listener, it's still not that bad. At least I can listen. Coz' sometimes what people need is not advice, but a listening ear to really pay attention to what they think deep inside. But there are times when there's nothing to be said. The situations just make it so.

From the helplessness towards myself, it became helplessness towards others.

I can come to terms with helplessness towards myself, coz' sometimes I just feel so numb already. But being indifferent to helplessness towards others is never an easy task to me. I just can't...

Tell me about being a successful psychologist... I know the theories and principles alright. But easier said than done. Nowadays my resistance has run low. I used to be able to shut myself out when listening to others. In the sense that I'm listening intently but I shut part of my emotions out so that I won't get too affected by the issues. I realise nowadays I don't seem to be able to do it as often. In fact, previously it was a bit like automated system.

I conclude that I've gotten more emotional. More confused. More..... I don't know.

rhapsody in blue.