 |
 |
 |
| miiiiiiiiiuuu~~ |
| Friday, December 19, 2008 at 10:16 PM |
Had a surprise this morning when I went out.. I almost missed it. In fact, I'm not the kind of person who would even be looking down suddenly so I doubt I would normally notice things around me. But today somehow my head turned and saw..

A really tiny kitten hiding in the hole next to the road pavement!
Ok, it's not really a big deal. But I've seen cats of all sizes and colors in my neighbourhood. This is the 1st time I'm seeing KITTENS. I mean, here lah.
In case you're wondering, HQ, yes, this is partly the reason why I was late (though in the end you were later hahaha).
Then at night when I came home, I almost forgot about the kitten. Until I passed by again and I saw...

Ok, it's kinda dark and unclear. But I didn't want to use flash coz' it might frighten the kittens. Yes, kittenS. Coz' to my surprise, there were actually THREE instead of one that I saw in the morning!
The little one that I saw in the morning was hyperactive and super curious. It started to climb onto the pavement and I was like OMG STOP!!! What if it gets onto the road which is only barely a metre away!? Tried to use my legs to block it and guide it back to the grass patch (ok that looked silly) but this kitten obviously is way too innocent to know the dangers of the roads!! Arghz....!!! And well. I ended up staying there to continue what I was doing -- making sure it doesn't come onto the pavement. I sure hope I didn't end up looking suspicious or crazy or whatever =x
Fortunately! This lady who jogged past us came back shortly after she passed us, asking me if those cute darlings are mine. She was a kind soul with lots of love for animals =) Thank God for her, coz' I seriously didn't know what to do. Then she suggested moving the kittens to somewhere safer, which was actually juz the grass patch behind this slope, a safe distance from the precarious roads. I'm quite shocked coz' she went down to the drain (although it wasn't deep and wet) to peep into the pipe hole and tried to get the last kitten out. This stubborn little one simply refused to budge -.-
Hmm, I dunno if we did the right thing in moving the kittens coz' I was worried the mother couldn't find them if she comes back. But leaving them there is way too dangerous, especially when there is a hyperactive one =x Anw, we saw some cats at the void deck next to the new grass patch that we've moved the kittens to. We thought hmm perhaps the mother is there, and there really is a tabby cat!! But.. It seemed rather apprehensive of the kittens... We concluded it's probably not the mother. Mayb the father hahaha. Ok we didn't check the sex but it sure doesn't look like a cat that has juz given birth recently. No saggy stomach. HAHAHA. Ok, that's besides the point.
We didn't know what to do with the kittens still, since the 2 cats at the void deck seemed very apprehensive towards them =( In the end the lady suggested moving the kittens (again) to the pavillion nearby, which is actually nearer to the pipe hole they were holing in, than the void deck. The kind uncle enjoying the nite breeze there convinced us that this is a good place to deposit the darlings, coz' there is shelter quite frequently, some aunties would bring food down for the cats, or some senior citizens will sit there and eat, so the kittens won't starve.
And so, I thought that's the end of everything. But, I found myself unable to leave.. Coz' the hyperactive kit kept wanting to follow me!! And I kept saying "no no!! stay!! dun follow me!!" to it -.-
Anw I decided to stick around a while. Coz' b4 the lady left, we noticed another tabby cat that seemed to be the mother! It was juz quietly observing us from a distance. Couldn't detect any menace, mayb it's really the mum. Anw I reckoned perhaps our presence was the reason why she was keeping a distance. But the hyperactive one juz refused to stop staggering after me!! Haiyo... Ended up I juz thought sat there with the dearies and observed the situation 1st =p The cat still kept her distance, so I continued to look at the cute kittens explore the small area around them and play with one another. And of coz', heard them keep miu-ing. Haha quite cute, coz' it's not 'meow', but 'miu'. But after a while the other 2 quiet kittens seemed to have gotten use to my presence and started to play with my legs O_o One of them stepped on my toe T.T The claws.....!! Heng it's still a kitten, the claws aren't very sharp yet.

But haha they are really so cute I kinda couldn't bear to leave them. But I should, in case the mother was waiting to come to them. I had to chiong so that they won't follow me. The hyperactive one followed further than the other 2, but it stopped, and kept miu-ing on the spot *heart breaks* Ahhhhhhhhhh....... Feel quite sad for them... Haiz.... Tmr shall go see if they are still around =)
rhapsody in blue.
|
 |
 |
 |
|