5751
Sunday, May 30, 2010 at 4:17 PM

Never knew a 10k could be this excruciating. My legs practically felt like iron after 6k and I eventually slowed down to a walk at the next hydration station. And almost crumbled. Haha. LOUSY. But was quite surprised coz' I'd already slowed down to almost a quick walk (although still jogging super slowly) b4 the station, but when I really stopped to walk, I felt like some mysterious force was pulling my body towards the ground. Too high an inertia? =p

Much as I tried to jog after 2k, my body was pretty useless and disobedient. I guess the distance I painfully jogged after I stopped was less than 100m each time haha. Which amounts up to less than 1k I think =( LOUSY. Apart from the few short jogging attempts, I walked until I was like about 100m away from the finishing point then I jogged. Had it not been the glaring spot lights at the finishing point that swear to take my sight away, I would have leisurely jogged past the arch, rather than irritatedly chiong-ed the last few metres with my eyes almost closed -.-

But nvm.

I completed it :) Be it run, jog, walk, crawl.

But seriously, no more marathons this year.
Nike, next year, maybe. Though I hate the sun.
And this run proves that I need to change a training strategy, though it's not as if I did train for it this time haha. It certainly would have been better if I can really roll from start to end.

And now, I officially declare.
I am aching from chest down.

rhapsody in blue.