Taiwan: Day fifteen
Monday, May 24, 2010 at 11:50 PM

Today's itinerary:
龙山寺 -> 西门町 -> 桃园机场

Despite the late nite yest, we still had to wake at 7am to go see Longshan Temple, and do some last minute shopping at Ximenting, b4 leaving for airport at 3pm.

Was too groggy from lack of sleep though, and urged the rest to go ahead to the temple, while I meet them at Ximenting around 11am. Well, much as I'm a 路痴, I know my way around certain parts of Taipei still =p

Fang wanted to have solo operation as well, and go visit NTU (TW's, not SG's) b4 meeting up at Ximenting. But her eyes seemed to be in a worse condition 2day, so operation aborted =\

Longshan Temple, though I wasn't able to join them.


I was early and Ximenting's shops have yet to open at 10am, so off to Starbucks I go for some coffee and reading =) I like TW's starbucks, coz they are usually very big (2 storeys) with lots of tables. Not like SG's, always so hard to find seats. But oh well, their land is bigger.

Last min shopping was really last min. We split up to shop briefly b4 meeting for lunch, and then HQ PW and I chiong-ed off back to the Cosmed near our hostel to sweep masks off the racks, while the rest finish their lunch and make their way back to pack 1st. In the end we were still later. By the time we reached the hostel with our loots, the rest were already moving our luggages down.

Everyone would agree unanimously that it was an arduous walk to the bus stop for the airport shuttle, with our much heavier luggages. 10 boxes of masks in my luggage and 4 boxes in handcarry is no joke. Even PW and Cheryl pulled my luggage until 脸青唇白 O.o Sorry girls... I went to TW with 11kg and returned with 16kg + 5kg handcarry -.- End up Cheryl's ultra big luggage was one of the lightest.

On the airport shuttle, I suddenly wished I could alight and turn back. I didn't want to go home. I wanted to stay in TW. Badly.

Funny how it's my 3rd time here and I still experienced such strong reluctance to leave.

2day was a total rush. Rush to shop, rush to finish lunch, rush to get back to hostel to pack, rush to buy masks, rush to the bus stop to catch bus, rush to return our free rented cellphones, rush to finish dinner, rush to catch flight.

Finally...

Home sweet home.

Nothing beats your own bed at home.
But I missed TW so much that I couldn't sleep =(

Labels: , ,

rhapsody in blue.