Today's itinerary:
北投温泉 -> 淡水 (老街 & 渔人码头)
Yay!! Finally, hotspring!! Didn't manage to go last year, so was quite eager to try the hotspring in the summer time instead of my very 1st time during winter. Trust me, it was freezing cold in winter, and I didn't quite take joy in the indoor pool which I found too artificial looking.
Some aboroginal art structure along the way at Xinbeitou.

If you can't beat them, join them.

I can't help but think how scandalous and misleading the last photo is. PW and I looked like we had an affair and were trying to make sure nobody caught us together =.=
We went to this public outdoor hotspring pool, 千禧汤, which cost only NTD40 (SGD1+). I prefer this kind of outdoor pool which looks more natural (with the stoney look) than the done-up indoor pool I went to at Yangmingshan. The only gripe was that it was very crowded, with mostly uncles and aunties.
But when it comes to hotspring, I'm the 蜻蜓点水 type. After the 1st 10-15 min, I felt a little dizzy and breathless. Could really feel my heart pumping very fast, and like 打通全身经脉. The cold spring didn't yield such effects, but the water was like icy cold! An angmoh inadvertently let out a howl upon stepping into the cold spring that we were in, and we involuntarily let out a laugh at that =p
Tamsui was up next. We'd wanted to catch the sunset at the fisherman's wharf, since it is famous for beautiful sunsets. Thus, we walked along part of the old street and just dabao some food in order to catch the ferry over to the wharf, as we were afraid we might miss the sunset.
But.... The weather was way too cloudy to even see any hint of sunset :(
Even that, couldn't stop us from doing stupid poses.

STALKER!!!

You jump, I jump.

Of coz', what is Fisherman's Wharf without some evidence that we have been there?

Fisherman's wharf: Day & Night.
We spent too much time at the wharf, so by the time we got back to the old street side, it was much later than expected. So we shifted Shihlin to the next day instead. And by the time we finished buying souvenirs, most of the food stalls were closed. At a time that's nearing 10, we could only find tau huey still available.
Our actual dinner? Bento boxes and cup noodles from Family Mart =p Not that we really minded though, coz' their convenience foods still taste relatively great to what was expected of them. And there's always (my fav) 茶叶蛋 from those convenience stores =D
rhapsody in blue.