Today's itinerary: Shopping day
西门町 -> 五分埔
Since we were going to take another full day tour with Mr Huang on 14th, we could free up some time for leisure shopping today.
But b4 we start the hunting game at the famous shopping districts, it's gonna be breakfast 1st again =D
We discovered, much to our elation, a very family feel toast shop somewhere near Taipei Main Station. The couple running the shop was very friendly and nice to us, which was what made us feel very at home immediately, despite the fact that the sandwiches weren't exactly cheap (~SGD2+ onwards). But we all fell in love with the place and their sandwiches, so much so that we vowed to go back everyday while we were at Taipei.
Our 土司!

Then suddenly they started to emulate the pseudo NUSSU president's (aka me) infamous pose.

The 2 sitting opposite gave a sian-ed version.

Conclusion: Nobody could do it like me (whatever they meant haha).
Ximenting, here we come!

The Ximenting mascot, which I dunno why it took the form of an alien.
After seeing a few salons, Cheryl decided to cut her hair at a posh outlet of 乱剪. We now know, Jeft is not the only one who takes very long to cut a hair =p So while waiting...

From top:
Poor Pink Panther & owner kena hunted by HQ's new sharkie;
Stunned [I'm sorry YH, somehow I always end up capturing such expressions of you];
Act cool duo [YH you actually look like 五佰 lol~]
Did we tell you one of the most popular girl bands were in town that day?

The outcome product.

Finally, famished, we ended up here.

There dun used to be chairs, and all patrons had to stand around slurping the mee sua. I wonder if the next time I come Taiwan, there would be tables. But we ate the authentic way of standing up still.

特大号红茶.

Can you believe it, it's 1 litre omg. We dun even call it a cup anymore. It's a CONTAINER.
Lots of cheap tops at Ximenting, though mostly tshirts going at NTD150 (~SGD7). But I didn't see anything that I like in particular, apart from a pair of shoes, which I kiv and ended up thinking about it for days. But further into the trip I counted my lucky stars for not buying it on the spot then.
We proceeded on to Wufenpu in the evening -- and I secretly hoped I still remember the way around that area -- and we decided to have dinner at this place called 胡须张鲁肉饭 coz' they were having anniversary promotion.
There was no doubt that we were famished.

If you think that was all we ordered (i.e. 1 small bowl of rice each + 1 small bowl of soup to share), you are wrong.
2 of us finished these.

Ok, I lied. Actually that was for all 6 of us.
This was one fulfilling meal that made us feel so full and satisfied about a proper meal, instead of just 夜市小吃. And so, this meal left PW craving for more and more 鲁肉饭 throughout the remaining of the trip =p
But Wufenpu's roads are quite narrow and there's just too many shops and lanes, we were so overwhelmed, and soon grew tired. Hence, it's an early back-to-hostel day for us.
At the end of the day...
I bought nothing -.-And I'm the one who would shop and buy more than most of the rest. Maybe I'm already too immune to Taiwan so I increasingly buy lesser each time I go =p Totally no impulse or adrenaline rush when I shop leh.
I'm so going to prove my parents wrong when they thought I would be back with lots of stuffs.
rhapsody in blue.